Naval Station Great Lakes COVID-19 Update
Last Updated on May 20, 2020
- For up-to-date news regarding Navy Region Mid-Atlantic, please visit https://www.cnic.navy.mil/om/covid-19-updates.html.
- For up-to-date news on NAVSTA Great Lakes, please visit https://www.facebook.com/NavalStationGreatLakes/.
CHILD & YOUTH PROGRAMS
CDC operations are at Level 2. All CDC operations are consolidated into Building 2700 and School Age Care is in Bldg. 8190. Non-medical counseling for youth now available by video, click here for more information. Hours of Care: Mon-Fri: 6am-6pm
MORALE, WELFARE & RECREATION (MWR)
Veterans Memorial Golf Course is Open for Play starting Friday May 1
Advanced Reservation Required & Some Restrictions apply. Call 847-688-4593 to book a tee time.
For more details https://www.navymwrgreatlakes.com/programs/11a70f82-5e00-4f89-b855-a5c7f104947d
Effective Immediately By Order of the Command and for Safety of All Concerned: All other MWR facilities/programs will be closed until further notice.
For a full list of our virtual programming click the image below or check our events go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MWRGreatLakes
Are you looking for something to do while stuck at home?
Let us help you make your time at home more enjoyable and productive!
FLEET & FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES (FFSC)
The Naval Station Great Lakes FFSC building is closed.
For assistance with an urgent situation, please use the following phone numbers: FFSC We Can Still Help PDF
- Family Advocacy Program (FAP): 847-707-4780
- Sailor Assistance and Intercept for Life (SAIL): 847-707-4780
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program (SAPR): 847-343-8132
- Counseling; Tri-Care or Military One Source: 800-342-9647
- Emergency Financial Assistance, contact the American Red Cross: 877-272-7337
- Coping with COVID-19 Financial Stress
- Stress Busting Workbook
- COVID Resources
- May - Family Connection Newsletter
- Live Well Resiliency Webinar
- Quick Fixes for a Bad Mood
- Love Every Day Flyer
- PrepSep Counseling Flyer 2020
- FFSC Webinar Schedule May 2020
- FFSC Deployment June
- FFSC Employ June
- FFSC Parenting June
- FFSC Presep June
- New Parent Support COVID Flyer
Navy Gateway Inn & Suites
24-Hour Operation - Front Desk: 847-688-6675
Note: room service two days per week.
Housing Office closed to walk-in customers. Call: 847-688-3440
Only urgent/emergency maintenance service requests are being performed, all routine maintenance is suspended. Call: 847-689-4312.
Mon-Fri: 5-7am; 10:30am-12:45pm; 4:45-630pm & 11:30pm-1:30am
Sat, Sun & Holiday's: 6:30-8am; 9am-Noon & 4-5:30pm
GREAT LAKES COMMISARY
No Early Bird hours
Special hours for elderly (60+), pregnant, and disabled: Sun/Wed: 10-11am
Extra precautions being taken at the Commissary
Currently providing modified services throughout the base.
Navy Exchange Hours and Services - updated May 5
Mid-Atlantic Fleet & Family Readiness COVID-19 Program Updates
With the current spread of COVID-19, the priorities for Mid-Atlantic Fleet & Family Readiness Programs are to protect personnel and support the mission. We are developing this web page to provide the most current information for MWR, CYP, Housing, FFSC and Galley closures, cancellations and adjusted services.
Force Health Protection Condition Bravo has been ordered for Naval Station Great Lakes. All personnel should: avoid contact with sick people; practice proper hygiene and cough/sneeze etiquette. Travel restrictions have been directed for all DOD Military Personnel, Family members, Government Service Employees and Contractors for domestic and international travel. For further guidance refer to the Under Secretary of Defense Force Health Protection Supplement 2, dated 25 February 2020.