Nunn Beach Open for Swimming
Weather and Water Quality Permitting
Hours: Friday – Sunday 1200 Noon to 6:00 PM
- Currently open to All Hands
- Nunn Beach Capacity – 175 Patrons (swimming and/or the beach) in order to maintain 6 feet social distancing. Staff will be on hand to regulate and enforce these numbers accordingly.
- Access points: Entry, South side of Beach house. Exit, North side of beach house near outdoor shower area.
- Outdoor Beach House Patio Capacity – 20 Patrons (Maintain 6ft. Social Distancing, Face Masks Required)
- Swimming and Wading are not permitted outside of Normal Operational Hours or when Lifeguard Staff are not on duty. Base security will enforce these policies.
- Sunbathing – with appropriate social distancing
- Swimming/Wading – With lifeguards on duty during normal operational hours
- 3) Exercising – with appropriate social distancing
- Individual Sports ( Throwing Footballs, Frisbee’s etc.) with appropriate social distancing
- Chairs & Umbrella’s, Canopies and Coolers Alcohol not permitted at Nunn Beach)
- Volleyball – Please limit to no more than 10 people
Currently Not Allowed:
- Water Sports: Including kayaking, canoeing and stand up paddle boards
- Alcohol/Smoking including the use of E-cigarettes and vaping is prohibited at all times.
- Fishing: Please see the MWR Marina for questions about fishing.
- Large Groups: Please see the MWR Community Recreation for rentals of the Beach House
- Group/Organized Sports: not authorized to help us keep our Beach capacity numbers fair.
- Loud/Offensive Music (Music must be kept family friendly)
Health and Safety Considerations:
- Please do not come to the beach if you, or someone you live with, is sick
- Please dispose of all trash accordingly and clean up after yourself
- Glass Bottles are not permitted at any time
- Alcohol is not permitted to be poured into any additional container in an attempt to hide it
- Patrons must remain within the designated swim and beach zones (Signs will be posted to designate zones)
- Face Coverings, when out of the water, are not required but recommended if you cannot maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing. Family members of the same household are not required to social distance.
- MWR Staff will work to ensure compliance with these guidelines. Violators may be asked to leave.
All other rules applicable to Nunn Beach still apply. Please see an MWR Staff Member or Lifeguard for additional questions or email us at GRLKMWRSportsand.firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Bldg. 440 Aquatics staff at 847-688-3419.