GREAT LAKES MARINA IS OPENING WITH LIMITED SERVICES!
We are pleased to announce that the Great Lakes Marina will be opening for limited services starting on Thursday, May 14. Our hours of operation will be 8:30am – 4:30pm, Thursday – Monday (closed Tue/Wed). Below are the business rules by which we will be operating as well as the services that will be available. We ask that you please review them thoroughly prior to arriving to the Marina.
- All patrons entering the facility are required to wear a mask or face covering.
- All patrons entering the facility are required to show a valid access ID.
- No more than (2) patrons at a time are allowed in the lobby of the facility.
- Patrons are limited to (2) per boat unless members of the same household
- Please maintain a minimum of (6) feet from our employees and other boat owners
- No large group gatherings/avoid congregating near the building, on the pier or on the grounds. Picnic areas secured.
- All rental items secured.
- Restrooms/Showers are single use only.
- Laundry room is single use only.
- The Ship Store is closed. Limited retail is available at the front counter.
- In addition to increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing, we have implemented some additional health and safety procedures to protect both customers and our staff at The MWR MARINA:
- All on the property must be well and free of fever-see Health Screening Questionnaire upon arrival.
- For the past 14 days- have not been in close personal contact with someone diagnosed with COVID 19 or have traveled internationally.
- Social distancing wherever possible. (Avoid handshakes, high fives, hugs)
- Bring your own hand sanitizer with you and use before, during and after your visit.
All rules and restrictions will be strictly enforced by not only the Marina Staff but by your fellow customers on the grounds. ANY complaints about a customer's actions or disregard for the health and safety of others, will result in immediate removal from the Marina grounds.
Boat * Camp * Have Fun * Stay Safe * Stay Strong
We Are In This Together
The Great Lakes Marina, located on beautiful Lake Michigan, is the perfect spot for boating, sailing, sea kayaking, fishing and tent and RV camping. Our own 33-foot Tiara charter boat with an experienced captain is available for fishing trips. In the summer months, sailing classes for adults and children are available. In the boathouse at the Marina is the Ship’s Store, which sells boating, fishing and hunting supplies, as well as licenses. In addition, a propane filling station is available for refills. Boat slips, moorings and storage are also available. Plus, there is a launch ramp for lake access. There are plenty of picnic tables, along with shelters and a fully-equipped Beach House (requires a reservation) for family/social outings or official command functions. The Marina is also home to the MWR Rental Center.
Located at the Marina, the MWR Rental Center rents an assortment of items for camping (tents, stoves, campers), sporting (mountain bikes, volleyball sets, horse shoes, sports equipment) and party equipment (large grills, canopy tents, tables) as well as a large selection of boats. In the winter months the Rental Center offers down-hill and cross-country skis, snow shoes and ice skates. Check out the Great Lakes Marina & Rental Center Brochure for a complete listing of fees and services.
The RV Campground borders beautiful Lake Michigan, this year-round camping facility, has 20 concrete sites with electrical hook-ups, restrooms and nearby access to shower facilities. Other amenities include a beach with a beach house, fishing piers with a cleaning station, a playground, picnic areas and an archery range. Campers also have access to the Marina Rental Center and the Ship's Store. Upon arriving, campers must register at Bldg. 62, Navy Gateway Inns & Suites (NGIS). To make a reservation please call 847-688-6675. Must be eligible Department of Defense (DOD) affiliate, with valid military ID, to use this facility.
Seabee Park is located south of the Marina's boathouse. Seabee park is home to the archery range which offers both short and long ranges to match every skill level and a tent camping area. The camping area is located right on the waterfront each site includes a picnic table and fire pit.